Also, our air conditioning decided to act up the day before the hottest days of the year. Evan had changed the filter, but it wasn’t outputting enough cold air to cool the house down. Since yesterday was a holiday, we tried to grin and bear it. It was like a sauna. I think it is safe to say that no one got a very good night’s sleep last night. We had fans going, but they don’t help when they’re just pushing around 90 degree heat! Thankfully, we were able to get the repairman in here this afternoon. The coolant was low. While it will take a few hours for it to really cool down the house, we already can tell that it’s working.
| Fan Central - We had three fans pointed at us. The rest of the house was roasting! |
I am happy to report that Nicholas’ third post placement report is in the mail on its way to our former adoption agency. This just tells Russia how he is doing and the social worker’s opinion of us as a family. We only have one more to do, but not until next year at this time. Nicholas and I were happy to get out of the house this morning though. Nicholas even asked my dad (who drove us downtown for our apostilles) for an “icy, cold drink” on the way home. It hit the spot!
The rest of our week is pretty busy. We have a playgroup tomorrow. Then, Thursday and Friday we’re helping with the garage sale at my parents’ house. I’m not looking to make any big money there. I think we set a goal of making some gas money.
Finally, tomorrow I’ll announce the winner of the gift card contest. You still have time to donate. Thank you to all that have already sponsored puzzle pieces.
Stay cool because we finally will be!
No comments:
Post a Comment