****
I was telling Evan this weekend some of the ideas I have for the new school year starting in September. One thing I want to do is teach Nicholas our address. Evan looked at me and said, “He already knows it.” I was shocked. He had shared it with Evan a few hours before. I hadn’t taught it to him though. But, Nicholas came over and let me know our address (minus the zip code). He is so observant and is great with details.
****
I noticed that Nicholas is really looking like a boy lately. I don’t just mean taller and leaner. I mean that he has bruises and scratches and cuts. He’s playing harder and more daring. It definitely shows. I’ve caught him jumping off the stairs, getting a little higher each time. He sword fights with his dad. He’s running all the time. He was so cautious for a long time, so it is nice to see him be more adventurous.
****
Nicholas is already starting to get embarrassed by us. Evan and I were teaching Sunday school this week and Evan was singing one of the songs and doing the hand motions that went along with it. Nicholas said to him in the most annoyed voice, “Dad, don’t do that! Stop!” Apparently, he was worried about what the other kids would think. Also, sometimes I will say something and I get “Mom.” Picture it in the I-can’t-believe-you’re-saying-that-to-me tone. I didn’t know that we would become embarrassing so soon in his life.
****
One day last week, Nicholas was walking around the family room with a scowl on his face. I asked him what was wrong. He answered, “I’m boring, Mom.” I laughed to myself. I think the word is bored because he is anything but boring.
****
****
Well, that’s all I can think about off the top of my head. I actually have a lot to do this week. I have something I’m working on that you’ll probably hear about later this week. We have the social worker coming on Wednesday for Nicholas’ third post placement report. I also have a handful of other things I need to get done. I guess this week I won’t be saying that I’m “boring”.
No comments:
Post a Comment