At first I was in denial, but after careful inspection with a flashlight, he was right. I tried getting him to let me take it out, but craziness soon ensued as Nicholas was crying and being uncooperative. I knew I could get it out with my tweezers if he would just lie still. But, that wasn’t really going to happen.
So, I made a phone call to his doctor's office and was advised to go to Urgicare. So, I took my crying son there and managed to convince him to get under control before we got out of the car. We also talked about being brave – and this message he actually heard.
Once he got there, he was all smiles. He enjoyed looking at the fish tank. Then, he talked to the nurse. When she asked him why he stuck a tire up there, he answered, “I don’t know.” No one has been able to get that answer up there. I’m thinking – little hole, little wheel. I wonder if it fits.
The doctor came in and Nicholas checked out his “grippers” before lying down on the table. Within 30 seconds, the wheel was out. The doctor asked me if I wanted it, but I declined.
Nicholas got stickers and a lollipop for being so brave, while I wondered if he was going to think that this place was too much fun. He was all smiles and full of goodbyes as we left. He promised the doctor, the nurse, and the lady at the registration desk that he wouldn’t put anything in his nose, ears or teeth (his words) again.
So, I’m hoping this doctor has some sympathy and doesn’t charge us through the roof for this little incident. I think the co-pay was more than enough to cover his services. I can see my tightwad nature shining through.
Anyway, now that it is over, I find this story very humorous. At least, it gave me some blog material. Now, Nicholas is about to go have quiet time in his room alone. I better go inspect all his cars first for any loose wheels!
| Someone had made a mess in the waiting room, so he started picking up |
| Nasal passages are all clear |
| Our brave patient |
1 comment:
OH DEAR!
Glad it came out so easily :)
Happy Mother's Day!
Post a Comment