Monday, March 28, 2011

Puzzle Fundraiser Update

Well, our puzzle is coming together slowly but surely. Again, thank you to those that have contributed. Evan and I made a decision recently about this particular puzzle. This puzzle is going to represent how many pieces are sponsored, but it will not be the final puzzle that will hang on the wall. My friend told me about a company that makes jigsaw puzzles from photos. I think we are going to wait until the baby comes and then take pictures of our complete family and turn that into a puzzle. We will transfer everyone’s names onto that puzzle from this puzzle. We need to use this one now for a visual aide. I am also using the current puzzle as a guinea pig to learn how to glue a puzzle. Let’s just say, it didn’t go as planned the first time.

But, we are up to 42 pieces sponsored so far! Our first fee that we will need to pay is the equivalent of 300 pieces, so we have a ways to go. We’re still trusting. My grant applications are ready to be mailed, but we’re waiting on one document for each. We’re hoping that will be taken care of this week.

I have come across more fundraiser ideas, but I’m not sure of the level of response I will get from them. I know of some organizations that help adopting families raise money through selling t-shirts and another through selling coffee. I’ll be praying and thinking about whether this is something we want to do.

I am going to close with your visual aide. The first picture is how many pieces have been sponsored.





The second picture shows what is left.





It looks like a big task, but every time I get down about this fundraiser, another person sponsors a piece or several pieces.

Please consider sponsoring a piece. You can mail the money or pay using the Paypal link on the side.  I am hoping to have the money for the first initial fee saved by the end of April. You never know when we could get that call.
Thanks again!


p.s. - If you are wondering what puzzle fundraiser we are talking about, read about it here.