We did some worksheets and coloring, but also played a couple of games too.
I chose a number from 6 through 10 each day and matched it with a different shape. He also worked on following the dotted lines. I noticed that he is getting better in this area as well. We later did a general view of all the numbers and shapes that he already knew.
That's not his coffee on the table! His dad is a little addicted to that particular place's coffee.
One game that we played was laying our foam numbers on the floor and calling out a number for Nicholas to pick out. He did pretty well. I think that sometimes he reverses “6” and “9” though.
We also veered off our topic this week to play another game that Nicholas absolutely loved. I wanted to see how many upper case letters that he could match with the lower case letters. I really haven’t touched on this subject much, so I was thrilled when he knew about 75%-80% of them.
Notice his new "best friend" in the background.
Other than doing “cool” as Nicholas calls it, he also participated in his favorite pastime – dancing!!! This video is a little longer than normal, but I hope you enjoy his one dance move. If you listen carefully you can hear him shout “Aahhh” along with the song. “Singing” is something he just started in the last couple of weeks. Enjoy.
1 comment:
Ahhhhhhh..... I love his little dance!!!! How adorable!
Tell Nicholas that sometimes I get the 6 and 9 confused too :).
Post a Comment