Thursday, April 8, 2010

Do You See Me?

A strange thing has happened since Nicholas entered our lives. Evan and I have turned invisible. Everyone seems excited to see Nicholas. We’re kind of an afterthought. It doesn’t bother us too much. We actually find it kind of amusing.

We noticed at church that people say, “Good morning, Nicholas” as we walk in. I heard a lot of “Happy Easter, Nicholas”s too. What is it about this child that makes people smile? What makes everyone call out his name to get his attention?
Evan and I also joke that at church we are “Nicholas’ mom and dad” not that Nicholas is “Evan and Kristin’s son”.

Well, I think some of this attention is going to his head. Evan was trying to take my picture (at my request). I realized I have no pictures of myself and would like to use one on my blog and Facebook instead of Nicholas. Unfortunately, Nicholas had other plans and kept popping in my picture. I love my face in the second picture.






I did manage to get a picture taken of just myself. I’m not 100% thrilled with it, but it will work for now.



I’m hoping to post soon about another reason why I need a picture of myself. But, I will leave you one of Nicholas too. I am HIS mommy after all. ;)

1 comment:

Kristy K said...

I'm sorry, but I love the last picture.... he looks like he's got some big plans up his sleeve :). And I like your expression in the second picture. You just can't win. :):)