Speaking of our sleepless wonder, we are still battling naptime and bedtime. We are trying to stay in the room for a short time to let him start to relax. This works only some of the time though. But, we are determined to figure out a solution, so Nicholas can become well-rested again. At least he is sleeping around 11 hours each night.
One thing we are enjoying is hearing him say, “Nicholas”. First, it started out as “Nickle”, but it has now evolved into “Nih-ka-ka”. It is so cute to hear him say it. He loves to play a form of hide and seek with me. He will go behind our recliner and yell, “Nih-ka-ka”. Then I say, “Where’s Nicholas?” And, he jumps out from behind the chair. He thinks it is hilarious.
Nicholas is still a pretty good eater, but he has typical two year old tendencies. He will like a certain food one day, the next day it is “yucky” and a few days later it is back to “yummy”. He also tries to be a fairly neat eater. He wants to clean his hands after every bite. His face . . . well, that’s another story.
Here are a few more pictures. See, I am trying to do better at keeping my camera handy.
Daddy and Nicholas playing around.
They were nice enough to stop and look at the camera.
We tried to get Nicholas to pose with Evan outside of the playground.
A little better . . .
But, he was nice enough to pose for a solo picture.
Kristin
1 comment:
I love the last picture!
Anthony went through a few months of no napping in the afternoon, but now he's taking a nap a few times a week. I started doing our normal bedtime routine at naptime and that seems to help (I have him brush his teeth, he picks a story, we pray, then he falls asleep). If he doesn't fall asleep, I have him stay in his room for a little while just to rest. He hates it, but he can't rest when he's in the middle of living room, you know?
Sorry for the longest comment in the world :). I should have just emailed you.
Post a Comment