The doctor also thought he was doing well developmentally. He only needs to build up a little more muscle tone in his legs and stomach, which will come as he continues to run and climb. She also said we will just keep an eye on his speech development. But, the doctor was impressed with how compliant he was during the exam. He did whatever she asked him to do. He was such a good boy!
Next, came the hard part of the exam. Nicholas needed a couple of shots! He screamed through the whole thing and the nurse commented on how strong he was. We noticed that he does develop super-human strength when he puts his mind to it. But, in the end, he was rewarded with a stuffed teddy bear, a sticker, and a cookie. Then, he was all ready to go home. Unfortunately, it was downstairs to the outpatient lab to get some blood drawn. Only one parent was allowed to go in with him, so we chose the one that was least likely to faint – Evan. As I sat in the waiting room, I cringed every time I heard my son scream. It broke my heart. But, minutes later, he was out with another sticker. He didn’t want the lollipop, so Daddy got it instead.
We have another visit in about 6 weeks, so it will be interesting to see how much growth Nicholas has between now and then. We will be visiting downtown Cleveland for that visit as well, but will be asking for a referral to a local branch for future visits. It is just too far from our house for this doctor to be our regular pediatrician.
I will leave you with a couple of pictures from a happier day at the park. Or, you can go to my friend, Kristy’s blog to read about Nicholas and his new best friend, Anthony!
Kristin
1 comment:
Love the pictures! I'm glad he did so well at the doctor! It sounds like Anna cried more than he did when she got her kindergarten shots last year. By the way, I changed the word disobedient to "curious." :):)
Post a Comment