Monday, October 6, 2008

CONTINUED!!!!

Well, court didn't go bad and didn't go well either. It only lasted 10 minutes. The Prosecutor requested more documents from the Guardianship office, so we're continued until next week. It is either Wednesday or Thursday. They translated that it was next Wednesday, the 16th. Well, the 16th is a Thursday. So, we shall see. At this point, we just have to go with the flow.

From now until court, please pray that the judge finally makes a positive conclusion. He may be able to go home to a warm meal and a comfortable bed, but us Americans are a little hungry and tired! Also, we're still going to try and get the 10 days waived. If they are waived, we will be back on track to come home on time. I can't imagine staying here any longer than the original 34 days they estimated!

We're actually doing pretty well considering the last week. We kind of have a routine established now (albeit an extremely boring routine). We just want this to end! This has never happened here before. We are the lucky ones!

Continue to pray for our sanity. I will write with any updates.

Kristin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to start and say that I give you guys a lot of credit with what you are going through. My heart broke when I read the bad news blog, but on a positivre note it's nice to hear that all is well and that you get to see Nicholas alone. I have been praying for you guys the past week with all that is happening. I hope they waive the 10 days too, so we can finally see all of you. I will keep praying that everything will have a positive outcome and that the 10 days will be waived so you all can come home. Love you guys!!

Amanda, Jason and Carter

Mark and Kathy said...

we know this is difficult....we're continuing to pray; we also know that your boredom will end for the next 18 + years as soon as you touch down in the states with Nicholas!