Saturday, September 7, 2013

Out of the Park!

Nicholas has had a lot of swimming lessons.  He’s also played soccer.  Evan and I want to give him a chance to try different sports to see if he likes them.  Thankfully, there is an excellent program in our area which is more instructional than anything.  They spend a lot of time just teaching the kids the basic skills they need.  Then, they spend the last part of the hour playing a game.  I like this format because these kids are young and they are learning.  I also like the fact that it is a 1-hour commitment, once a week. 

Nicholas decided that he wanted to try baseball this time.  He was hoping that he would play on the Indians.  I had no idea if they had team names, or just handed out different color t-shirts for the teams.  I told Nicholas that I didn't know how it worked, so he shouldn't get his hopes up.  Well, lo and behold, we received the team assignments and Nicholas is playing for the Indians!  He is so happy!

Today was the first day.  He was happy to receive a shirt and a real Indians hat.  My sister offered to come so that we could tag team with Daniel.  That way someone was watching Nicholas play and someone was watching Daniel walking around.



Each person on the team got to bat and then they switched sides and headed to the field.  Nicholas was able to connect with the ball and hit the ball pretty well.  He was so proud of himself.  Then, I got to see him field a grounder while they were out in the field.  He had a great time and can’t wait to go back again next week.

Waiting to bat




On 3rd



And, he's home!



Daniel, of course, barely sat still.  We had a very short drive home and he was asleep before we even reached our neighborhood. 


He walked a lot!
Keeping cool


So, this is how we’ll be spending our Saturdays for another month or so.  Evan hates to miss these games, but maybe he’ll be able to use some vacation time to catch at least one game.  Go Indians!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you request that he have Jim Thome's old number? ;)
~Nicole