Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Let’s Do This?

So, our house is ready for resale, but are we ready?  We had the realtor come out on Friday evening to look around.  We used her when we bought the house over nine years ago.  A lot has changed since then.  But, she confirmed my suspicions that we weren't going to make what we wanted.  I like to do my research, so I have been watching the sales of all the comparable homes in our area.  I knew what they were going for and it made me sick.  I wasn't surprised when she confirmed my research, but I was disappointed nonetheless. 

We have two things going for us:  we put 20% down and we've paid down our mortgage some since our purchase.  That means we can move, but we will not have what we hoped to put down on our next home.  So, we’re going to change our price range a small bit.  In fact, we may find something that need a little extra love and fix it up.  We’re not sure.  
    
The sign should be up by tomorrow and the adventure will truly begin.  We are already pre-approved for our next mortgage, so we’ll be letting our realtor know our price range for our next home.  Then, we casually look while we wait.  Houses are selling pretty well, so we can’t fall in love with anything until ours sells.  We’re not two mortgage kind of people.  But, we’ll see what is out there, so we’re ready.  We are trusting God that has the right home for us.


The hardest part is keeping the house the way we want it with kids, but Nicholas has some incentive to keep it nice – more room in a new house to play!  We’re excited to see what lies ahead!

No comments: