Friday, August 9, 2013

Summer is Coming to an End!

This was the last week of summer vacation for us.  Nicholas finished another session of swimming lessons.  This time was a lot trickier for me than past lessons.  I had an active toddler to entertain, so I decided to spend the majority of the lesson at the library each day.  Some days I would get books and other days I would just let Daniel run around in the little play area.  I was also able to get our books that I want to read for the first week of school.  We always made sure we were back in time to watch one of Nicholas’ crazy jumps off the diving board.

Hanging out at the library






Something that I learned this week (maybe some of you already knew) is that Nicholas is really cool.  He’s so cool that Daniel wants to do whatever he does.  If Nicholas walks in a circle, so does Daniel.  If Nicholas plays with cars on the floor, so does Daniel.  If Nicholas does something funny, Daniel laughs.  You get the picture.  I’m so glad that Daniel looks up to his big brother.  It’s also a good learning lesson for Nicholas – your brother is watching you. 


Cool and he knows it


Daniel wants to be cool too!


Ever since Evan found out that his favorite band was coming to a church nearby this fall, he’s been planning on going.  Evan is not the only one who is a fan though, so is Nicholas.  Those two love to beat songs to death.   Then, Evan found out that there is V.I.P. seats, which includes meeting the band.  Guess who is going?



When Evan told Nicholas the news he was so excited.   The concert isn't until November, but we told him now anyway.  Nicholas had been asking me for weeks if he could go, so I figured that I heard about it every day, so we might as well give him something to look forward to these next few months.  It is a school night, but I’m sure his teacher will give him grace the next day.

Finally, birthday season is in full swing.  We already celebrated Evan’s a couple of weeks ago, now we’re onto our August birthdays.  I have a feeling we’ll have some sort of celebration every week for the next few weeks. 


We have a fun weekend ahead, including our church picnic.  It looks like it will be a nice day.  Last year I had a three-month old and very hot weather.  This year he can play in the sand!  It is amazing how much things change in such a short time!

No comments: