We had a good time at the church picnic this past
Sunday. The weather wasn't as hot as
last year, which was nice. Nicholas
still swam and spent most of his time playing in the sand with his
friends. Daniel had a fun time walking
around. When we first put him down in
the sand we thought it would slow him down, but he mastered it after a short
time. We also made sure we brought some
sand toys from home. They were only
entertaining for a short time. Of
course, Daniel thought whatever everyone else brought was much more
interesting.
| Throwing sand in his bucket |
| Nicholas and his friend were trying to dig until they reached water. |
| Daniel wants to help. |
| Back to supervising |
Our church picnic also included baptisms. There were twelve people that were baptized
on Sunday! It was a really nice
time. It makes me wonder if I’ll see my
own children baptized there at a future picnic.
I've mentioned before about Nicholas’ heart for God. The older he gets, the deeper his faith
gets. He’s only 6 years old, but his
questions show how much he thinks about his relationship with Jesus. He’s trying to have a deeper understanding.
There is a stretch of road that we take frequently. I don’t know if it is because we pass our
church, but I’m going to rename it “Theological Avenue”. Nicholas always asks me the deepest questions
as we’re driving. The other day he was
discussing what happens to our bodies when we die. We talked about how our physical bodies die,
but our spirit (if we accept Christ) goes to heaven. There we will get new bodies that have no
imperfections.
Nicholas goes on to tell me that when he dies that he will
see Jesus face to face. He said, “I’m
going to bow down at his feet and thank Him.
Then, I’m going to whisper in his ear that I love him.” I know I sometimes get hung up the fear of
how I will die. Nicholas didn't even
think about it, but just cared about seeing Jesus. He really makes my faith grow just by talking
to him.
Nicholas isn't perfect.
We still have issues that we continually have to work on, but when he
prays during his rest time, or sings worship songs he’s made up on his own, it
helps to forget about some of the negative behaviors.
Nicholas wants to be baptized at next year’s church
picnic. I told him that he has to be
able to answer all the questions on the application without my prompting or
helping him. I want to make sure he’s
not just doing it because other people have, but that he truly understands that
he is bearing witness that he is a follower of Christ.
I'm always praying for my kids' hearts. And, I'm thankful for our church family that is there to support us as we raise our children to understand Jesus and what He has done for us!
| Nicholas being silly in the sand.. |
| Daniel and Nana checking out the lake. |
No comments:
Post a Comment