People ask me all the time what we call Daniel. Right now we call him by his given name. We do have some nicknames for him that we use
at home, but nothing outside the house.
One of those nicknames is “D-dog”.
Any reason why?
| Our little doggy |
Daniel has not been sleeping well since he started
teething. Lately he’s been waking up 2-3
times a night. We think he has a little
separation anxiety and is looking for us.
We know it is just a stage, but I really did enjoy those nights where he
slept 10-11 hours straight.
Even though he gets up in the middle of the night, it doesn't stop him from being active during his waking hours. His newest trick is to use Nicholas’ head to
help him stand up. Nicholas is a good
sport and lets him. Daniel loves playing
with Nicholas. They even “wrestle” (I’m
watching them like a hawk during this time).
| Standing with his brother's "assistance". |
| "Wrestling" |
Nicholas admitted to me that he is still having a hard time
sharing us with Daniel. He understands
that Daniel needs us, but it is still hard on him. We’re doing our best to give him some special
one-on-one time. We’re also in the works
of planning his birthday party for next month.
We’re doing something extra special this year since he’s had a bit of an
adjustment. Also, his brother’s birthday
will be a big deal, so we don’t want to make it any harder on him. I think Nicholas is going to have a great
birthday this year!
I’m starting a Bible study at church this coming Monday
morning. Evan will be with the boys
while I’m there. It will be a good
chance for him to see just how active life is at our house now. It will also be nice for me to get away and
be with some adults. I’m sure that Evan will have a good time though. Who wouldn't have a good time with these
guys?
That about wraps it up.
Just another ordinary week at our house.
No comments:
Post a Comment