Saturday, February 16, 2013

Admitting Our Failures

I don't like to make mistakes.  But, there is one area in my life where I am not afraid to admit that I just can't get it right.  I don't mean to make this mistake.  You would think I would learn from my past mistakes.  Nope.  I keep doing it over and over again.

I know you're supposed to persevere and keep at it until you get it right.  But, sometimes, you just have to admit your failures and stop trying.

Keep the Scissors Away From Me!!!

This poor little boy had one piece of hair longer than the other.  I thought I would get it pretty quickly and move on.  No, it didn't look even.  So, I kept at it.  Why did I keep at it?





So, then I decided that if the one side was botched that I would just cut the other side and some of the front.  Those don't look as bad, I think.

He looks thrilled.


Not as bad, right?


I've put the scissors down.  I'm going to show Evan when he comes home.  But, we need a solution for taking him out into the world.  So, here's what I've come up with . . .




Hopefully, I will learn my lesson about taking scissors to this poor child's hair.  We're thinking that it is time to start taking him to a professional.  I think Nicholas is probably thankful that I never got a hold of his hair.


My name is Kristin and I am a failure at cutting hair!

No comments: