Friday, January 25, 2013

Our Week in Pictures

Our week has been pretty ordinary for the most part minus the fire truck (more on that in a minute).  I can't get as much done right now since Daniel rarely sits still.  I did manage to trim his hair a little.  I never said I was a hairdresser.  Evan says that it doesn't look too bad, but he does look a little like Moe from "The Three Stooges".  I didn't take any "after" pictures, but you will notice later in this post that his bangs are a little shorter.



Keep the scissors away from  me!


Nothing like a good book and a haircut



I used to be able to keep my laptop out, so I could use it when I had a free moment.  Well, I have found Daniel typing and taking my mouse several times a day.  So, the laptop needs to be put in a new location.


No matter where I hide the mouse, he finds it!




Earlier in the week, Nicholas was working on school work while Daniel was playing.  I had to walk back and forth between them.  At one point, Nicholas said to me, "Excuse me, Mommy, but I think you have a bib stuck to your bootie."


Then I was told to put a picture on my blog,.




We had an exciting Tuesday night when we heard a beeping noise coming through the wall we share with our neighbor.  She works late and wasn't home.  It was her smoke alarm.  We figured it was a battery issue, but didn't want to take any chances.  We called the non-emergency number to try and figure out what to do, but this is what they sent - sirens, lights, and all!


The next day our neighbor brought us some cupcakes
and her cell phone number!



Now that Daniel can stand, naps have become more interesting.  He likes to stand and scream!  I let him cry it out for his third nap earlier this week, but he refused to take one!  So, he came downstairs.  After about an hour, he fell asleep next to his brother.






The new standing skill has been interesting.  Daniel is really good at getting to his feet.  However, he's also really good at falling.  Today, he tried to carefully sit back down, but ended up in a very awkward-looking split.  No amount of falls will stop him from standing though.


I can stand with one hand . . .


. . . or two!

I hope you enjoyed the small glimpse into our week!

1 comment:

Kristy K said...

Nice booty! ;) So was it just a battery issue with your neighbor? How scary!