Thursday, January 3, 2013

On Empty



The last few days have been difficult.  Daniel had a little too much holiday fun and got his schedule screwed up a little bit.  He was waking up around 4:00 in the morning.   Letting him cry it out a little didn't help anything either.  My energy level was at an all-time low.  It makes for a long day when you’re chasing around a 7-month old.  Nicholas also needs me, so I felt so drained by the end of each day.  Thankfully, Evan was home for a couple of those days.  However, yesterday he went back to work and had a long day of overtime (Good for the finances, but bad for the weary mom).  Usually, he and Nicholas go to church on Wednesday nights, but he wasn't even going to make it in time for them to go.

Daniel did sleep until 5:30 today, but I do remember him “talking” around 12:30 last night.  I’m hoping that each day will get a little better.  So far, I feel a little more refreshed than the day before. 

We also got some bad news recently.  The insurance company will not be covering Nicholas’ speech therapy.  Notice I didn't say “no longer”.  No, it took this long (five months) for this to be made known to us that they weren't paying at all.  I was paying a co-pay all along, but we still have a pretty large bill coming our way with the remaining balance.  We’re sad that Nicholas can’t continue speech anymore, but thankful that he was near the end.  It does give us a little more freedom on Mondays now.  I guess that’s the silver lining.

I’m thankful that we have money saved.  While the speech therapy bill, our upcoming car maintenance bill, and an unexpected last attorney bill have been frustrating to this tired mother, I’m just going to pay them and move on to the next thing. 

Since I am so empty in my energy levels, I’m going to try to make sure not to be empty spiritually.  That’s a bad combination.  It is hard to do anything when you’re so tired.  But, I’m going to make a conscious effort to read the Word and spend time in prayer.  Just today I read John 16:33.  This is a verse I memorized long ago because of a children’s CD.  But, it is one that really speaks to me today.  “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart!  I have overcome the world.” 

So, while I’m tired and a little frustrated, I do have plenty to make me smile.  Here’s some fun from the last week:

Fun in the snow


Those snowmen are huge!



I guess looks are deceiving.





He preferred to sleep while Nicholas was playing outside.


He's been after my camera lately.


There he goes again.



His i.d. badge says he's the President.


Nicholas was calling Daniel, but I think he's too busy texting.


Both boys are now up, so it is time to start the day.  If you want to pray, pray for a long afternoon nap for Daniel.  Nicholas has a rest time then and a nap would be great for me too!

No comments: