It has been interesting experiencing both domestic and
international adoptions. We love having
Daniel home since birth, but at the same time, it is hard to be reminded about
how much we missed with Nicholas.
Nicholas often asks us if he did certain things or how he looked as a
baby. I think the earliest picture I’ve
seen of him was from about 11 months old.
I am happy for all the milestones we’ve experienced with him so far, but
I continually pray that God would give him peace and an understanding of His
sovereignty as he gets older.
In regards to God, Nicholas talks about his faith on a
regular basis. Often times in the car he
asks me some pretty hard questions.
Sometimes he is giving me a theology lesson. This past week we were talking about church
and how it is important not to just think about Jesus once a week, but how we should
think and talk about him every day.
Nicholas had his last session of summer camp this past
week. He had a lot of fun. When I was driving him there on Wednesday he
told me a story about Monday’s camp. He
said that they were going over the days of the week and he answered two
questions while he was going to the bathroom.
I guess the walls are paper thin.
From what I hear from other people, especially at church, my Nicholas
likes to answer questions. Apparently,
even a bathroom break couldn’t stop him from participating.
I also got some positive feedback from Nicholas’ speech
therapist. Not only is Nicholas doing
well with his letter sounds, but he blew his therapist away with his other
knowledge. He was reading and telling
his speech therapist about different punctuation he knew. I can only take credit for so much because
Nicholas is such a little sponge.
Daniel continues to be a joy. He smiles a lot now! He babbles too. I think it is safe to say that I am one of
his favorite people. He has been
watching me a lot. If I dare to leave
his line of sight for any reason, he often lets me know he’s not happy. His fussy time is shortening in the
evening too. But, we have found that a good
view of a ceiling fan can pretty much bring him back to contentment.
One thing that Nicholas never had was a strong attachment to
a stuffed animal or blanket. Sure, he
liked one of his animals for a brief time better than others, but not enough to
need it to sleep with or bring him security.
It will be interesting to see if Daniel has a strong attachment to
something. For now, he has Gerald. That’s what I named his giraffe. I put him in the crook of his arm and he
holds onto him. Since he’s started
trying to grasp things, we started bringing Gerald with us to keep him
entertained.
Finally I love Daniel’s hair after I wash it. It gets pretty wavy. He doesn’t seem to mind when we give him a
bath. I love how much hair he has
though. I see an early haircut in his
future though.
We have some busy weekends ahead. We’re hoping there is time to rest in
there. Evan’s been working like crazy
and I haven’t had a good nap in some time.
But, we are looking forward to all the activities that are ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment