Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot!


I am so glad that the temperature has gone down a lot this week.  It has been so nice.  Even Daniel has enjoyed some fresh air the last couple of days.  However, I think I sweated more last week than I have all summer.  I thought I was coming down with something the whole week.  I was experiencing night sweats every night and just didn’t feel so well during the day.  Then last Thursday I noticed that our thermostat was showing that our house was not cooling down.  We had the A/C repairman come out on Friday and I found out that we had no Freon at all.  It’s all fixed now and we’re back to feeling cool.  No more night sweats!

Daniel keeping cool during his nap.

Keeping cool while playing on the computer


Then we went to my cousin’s wedding on Saturday.  It was outdoors on a 90 degree day!  Thankfully, we had a huge fan by our table where Daniel and I camped out. Once the sun went down a little, it felt a lot better.  It was a very nice wedding and we all had a lot of fun. 


An attempt at a family picture

Our view of the ceremony


Daniel's hair was getting blown by the fan.

My guys

Jim and Jessica

Look who joined them!

I put this one in black and white because the coloring was all off in the picture.

I know Nicholas enjoyes the candy on the table (for ice cream sundaes) and the cupcake and candy table.  When they announced that the cupcake table was opened, I have never seen a little boy hurry so fast to get over there.

We also had a good time being silly in the photo booth. 



Daniel did really well.  He got stroller rides around the pavilion by G.G.  And, he even took a nice long nap during part of the reception.  Both boys made it easy for us to enjoy ourselves.

Taking a little nap

He definitely had a good time!

We headed home after 9:00 though.  We like to go out on a high note and it was way past Nicholas’ bed time.  Also, we had to teach at church on Sunday, so we wanted to get some sleep ourselves.  Daniel was nice enough to take an 11:00 feeding and then not again until 5:30. 

We finished our weekend (Monday is part of the weekend for Evan) at his sister’s house.  Nicholas swam a little bit with his cousin Haley.  At first he seemed timid and I wondered what level I should sign him up for swimming lessons if he was acting so afraid.  But, after a little bit, he got comfortable and raced Haley across the pool without any floaties. 

We’re looking forward to a little more down time most of this week.  My goal is to get Daniel on a better nap schedule.  He’s doing okay, but we haven’t been consistent enough.  School is starting soon, so hopefully, he’ll be more regulated by then!

1 comment:

Kristy K said...

Daniel is getting so tall!! I'm so happy for Jessica too! She was a beautiful bride!