Friday, July 13, 2012

8 Weeks


I am so glad that it is getting a little easier for me to get out with both kids because we have a lot to do this month.  Nicholas had his first camp session this week.  He kept telling us all Monday morning that he was so “es-cited” to go to camp.  He ended up loving it.  They made crafts, had a snack, sang songs, went to different stations and played outside.  Wednesday was just as much fun.  In a couple of weeks he will go back again for a different theme.  Evan and I had the chance to spend Monday afternoon semi-alone (we had Daniel with us).  We even got ice cream, but don’t tell Nicholas.  As we suspected, Nicholas fell asleep quickly both nights!

Speaking of sleep, Daniel has been doing better at taking naps in his bassinet.  He had a two hour nap this morning and I just put him down for another nap.  He is also smiling a lot more and even laughing.    While this stage is still tiring and not always easy, I am enjoying all of Daniel’s new developments.  Nicholas is enjoying it too.  He claims he taught Daniel to stick out his tongue.  I’m going to let him believe it.

Daddy's arm must be very comfortable


One of his many interesting sleeping positions


Two activities that we have been missing this summer are violin lessons and swimming lessons.  Nicholas’ violin teacher is at a music program out-of-state for most of the summer.  Her mom is taking over lessons, but we just haven’t worked out our schedule yet for him to take any with her.  Today he went and got sized for a new violin.  He moved up two sizes.  Hopefully, we’ll be able to schedule a lesson or two for this month or the next.

He loves his wolf sunglasses that G.G. got him.


Swimming lessons is much like violin – where do we fit them in?  They are almost every day, which is hard with some of our activities.  We’re going to try and get him in the last two-week session, but if not, we’ll shoot for the fall.

I did a little photo shoot with Daniel to try and get some pictures of his smiles.  He cooperated a little.  Then I answered the phone and he started laughing.  I knew as soon as I put that camera down that he’d be more free with his big smiles.  Enjoy!




I feel like this is a face I may see a lot more of as he gets older.







No comments: