Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Watch Me Grow: 2 Months


We had our 2 month post placement visit on Monday.  Our social worker came to see how things were going.  She can tell that we have bonded to Daniel and he has bonded to us.  And, she is completely right.  We (including Nicholas most of the time) love Daniel.  He just makes us smile.  

He slept until 5 AM on Sunday night!   That was the most sleep we’ve had in a row in a while.  He didn’t do as well the next night, but last night he slept until 4:30, so we are making progress.  He continues to do well taking naps in his bassinet.  Most of these naps are at least 2 hours long!  Our routine is starting to fall into place and it has made things so much easier.

He can bat toys while lying on his play mat.  Also, if I put my hand on his stomach and back, he will sit on my lap and hold his own head up.

Nicholas has been doing much better lately as well.  I think he sees Daniel as much less of a threat as he did.  I think he realizes that he gets to do a lot more than Daniel and how much Daniel relies on Evan and me right now.  I even heard him say that he likes being a big brother.

Below you will find Daniel’s 2 month pictures.  It was much easier to pose him this month. 














No comments: