Thursday, July 5, 2012

7 Weeks


I have been struggling to blog lately because life doesn’t seem too interesting.  Sure, we have a baby in the house, but it seems like much of his day is the same.  Nicholas has a lot of activities coming up, but other than yesterday’s festivities, we haven’t done anything too newsworthy

Yesterday we went to my aunt’s house to celebrate the fourth.  They have a pool where Evan and Nicholas spent a lot of their time.  I, on the other hand, only ventured outside for a few minutes at a time.  I preferred the comforts of the air-conditioned house.  Daniel also remained inside, finding rest in many loved ones arms.  I was happy that I was able to eat, watch Nicholas swim, and talk without having to take care of Daniel the entire time.  As much as I love him, it was nice to have a bit of a break.

Poppy and Daniel napping 


Taking a breather from swimming


We have been working on sleep training for Daniel lately.  I try to put him upstairs for the majority of his naps during the day.  Most days he cries a little, but soon falls asleep.  Other days, are not so smooth and easy, but he’s getting there.  Also, at night, we get him ready for bed around the same time as Nicholas, so he has been going to bed in his bassinet each night as well.  He usually gets a feeding between 10 and 11, which helps him sleep until close to 3 or 4 AM.  So, basically, I only have to get up once in the middle of the night.  I am looking forward to the day where he sleeps all the way through though.

Nicholas will be headed to day camp next week.  He’s pretty excited and so are we.  He’s still struggling with not being the only child, so it will be good for him to have a few hours of activity outside of the house.  He’s also enjoying his speech therapy each week.  I’ve noticed him trying very hard to remember to say his “L”s correctly.  We didn’t have it this week due to the holiday, but he’s looking forward to continuing with it next week.

We’ve still managed to get in some summer school these past few weeks.  He impresses me with his math ability.  I wondered if the workbook I had purchased was too hard, but he’s been doing addition, counting coins, and working on which numbers come before and after.  I hope he never loses the love of learning he has right now.

Other highlights include:

Daniel turns 7 weeks old tomorrow.

Daniel actually lasted through the entire church service this past Sunday.

Nicholas tried on all of his long-sleeved shirts the other day and has grown out of 75% of them!

Nicholas won his first prize from the library’s summer reading program.  He has the chance to win two more prizes before the summer is over.  We’ve been able to go to the library at least one a week.


And, that is our exciting life.  Here’s some pictures to make this post worthwhile:


Tummy Time!


Tummy time is more fun with your big brother


He's really starting to notice his toys.  He even bat at a few of them with his hands.


There's that big brother again!

No comments: