Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wednesdays

Today is my first Wednesday morning of being completely alone. My mom is taking Nicholas to Bible study on Wednesday mornings like we have done in past years. I am staying home so I can do things around the house or run errands – alone. I love Nicholas’ company, but our times apart have been few and far between lately. This time apart will be good for both of us. At least, I think so.

Evan is on his second week of his new schedule, and so far, I think we’re going to like it. He worked a lot of overtime last week, but still was able to spend time with Nicholas each night. Last night he got home in time to make our Children’s Ministry Meeting, which is a rarity. He also seems a little less tired. He may have to work five days in a row, but the days go much quicker for him now.

“Battle Commercial Van” seems like it will be a losing one for us. The meeting is in a week and a half, but we got a letter from our association’s management company saying that we could come to the meeting, but we pretty much have no chance in winning this one (my translation of it). Nice, right? Thanks for trying to work with us. We’re onto a new strategy. I talked about praying for God to do big things this year. Well, we are hoping to move in the next year. With the market like it is, it doesn’t seem like it will happen, which is why we are doing a lot of praying. It’s time to get this house ready and make the improvements we want to make, so we can get on out of here.

We are waiting to hear when our meeting will be with the birth mother. I’m not sure if we’ll hear for another week or two. She hasn’t changed her mind, but there will be some transition in her life in the coming days.

I have had a busy week so far. I have to prepare because we teach on Sunday; I have the Children’s Ministry Newsletter to complete; Nicholas’ homeschool curriculum is finally getting a little challenging (this is a good thing); We have two violin lessons this week due to some scheduling conflicts; and Nicholas is in the middle of another round of swimming lessons. It is good busy though.

Well, time to get things done . . .

Note: I actually took a break before publishing this post. I managed to get a lot of my newsletter done and go to the store. :) I think I’m really going to like Wednesdays!

1 comment:

Kristy K said...

I've been praying for you guys!! Sorry about the van situation... I think 2012 will be a good year for the Morgans!