Friday, January 20, 2012

Scheduled

Our appointment with the birth mother has officially been made. It isn’t for a couple more weeks, but it feels good to have it actually down on the calendar. We still are trying not to get too excited yet. There is another couple also meeting with her that day. It is hard to want to pray that we are chosen when that means another family would not be. We’re praying for God’s will, so if it is not us, we will be disappointed, but know there is another child for us.


It is hard to prepare for this kind of meeting. Both parties are really nervous. While the birth mother gets to choose, she still wants to make a good impression on the adoptive parents. The woman I talked to from our agency told me to think of it as a blind date. Hopefully, we’ll be able to laugh some and put each other at ease even though she has a difficult decision ahead of her.

This news did brighten up my day though because I was having a doozy of a morning. Nicholas woke us up at 4:30 this morning wondering why the hall light was off. This is a rare occurrence, but thankfully he went right back to sleep. Too bad I couldn’t fully fall back to sleep since I knew Evan’s alarm was going off in about an hour. I also stepped in cat poop this morning. I don’t want to get too graphic, but sometimes one of the cats doesn’t make sure she’s clean before she leaves the litter box. So, that was fun.

Then, I made two recipes that turned out less than stellar. One I know I did everything right, but something was very wrong and they ended up in the trash. I’ve made it a couple times before and they always came out successfully. I had promised Nicholas that we would bake muffins this morning too. I thought I had more almond flour than I did so I had to improvise (this almond flour was purchased 30-40 minutes away, so I couldn’t run out and get more). This made the muffins so dense. Nicholas thinks they taste good, but I think they’re only good as a laxative (I see a theme in this post).

Finally, my darling son had markers and a coloring book in his room (which I was unaware of). Of course, the marker made its way onto his comforter. Thankfully, they were washable. The lesson was learned, but I was spent. All of this happened before lunch. So, this call from our agency was very welcomed.

Our Ordinary Hero contest ends Sunday night at 11:59 (CST). If we are one of the top three sellers we will win $500, in addition to 40% we receive for each sale. I want to be able to have our second goal – Birthmother expenses – done soon. Will you consider helping us? They added some new things this time and several are new as of today, such as:

http://www.ordinaryherostore.org/Women-s-Apparel/Charcoal-Burnout-Hoodie-p215.html




http://www.ordinaryherostore.org/Mens-Women-s-Unisex-Apparel/Gray-Pullover-Hoodie-p223.html
 

http://www.ordinaryherostore.org/Kids-Youth/Kid-s-Royal-Blue-Zip-Hoodie-p226.html


 
http://www.ordinaryherostore.org/Kids-Youth/Kid-s-Black-Long-Sleeve-I-m-Gonna-Tee-p219.html
 
   

http://www.ordinaryherostore.org/Accessories/OH-Black-Baseball-Cap-p228.html


http://www.ordinaryherostore.org/Accessories/OH-Military-Hat-p227.html


Thank you to those that have already contributed! 

Well, keep us in your prayers as we prepare these next couple of weeks.  I think the biggest prayer is that we would be ourselves!  I'm sure the meeting will be here before we know it.

No comments: