Monday, January 16, 2012

Unloading My Camera

I haven’t taken too many pictures in the last couple of weeks, but I finally loaded the ones I did take onto my computer. It reminded me of some of the things we’ve done in the last couple of weeks.

Nicholas is over halfway done with this month’s swimming lessons. Last Thursday, he was the only one that showed up, so he had a private lesson. It was nice because his teacher pushed him to move past some of his fears. She knows what he is capable of, but it is hard when she has more than one child to teach. I don’t know that it was Nicholas’ favorite lesson, but it was mine.

They didn’t jump off the diving board that day, but here are a few pictures from an earlier lesson. He’s still not ready to jump on his own, but he keeps getting up there.











Nicholas was invited to his first non-family member birthday party. It was at a local bounce house. Nicholas loved jumping around for the first thirty minutes. Then, he and most of the boys at the party found the arcade. It didn’t matter that they had no money, they had fun anyway.


















Since Nicholas helps in our Sunday School class, he is “friends” with our youth pastor’s 2 ½ year old daughter. She is the youngest of four, including 2 brothers, so she can stand up for herself. But, this past Sunday, it was Nicholas who was telling her how it is.

Nicholas was trying to pray and every time he spoke, she chimed in, “I want to pray.” Nicholas kept trying, but finally had enough. He looked at her and said, “You are annoying me. I keep trying to pray! And you keep saying, ‘I wanna pray. I wanna pray.’ You are annoying me!”

Evan and I had to hold in our laughter. Up until about a week ago, he wanted to marry her.






I’m feeling good right now. I am about finished with our Children’s Ministry newsletter. Our week looks pretty typical as of right now. We’re still fundraising, if anyone is interested. I’ll also update when we find out when our birthmother meeting will be. Now to enjoy time with my family . . .

No comments: