Sunday, October 30, 2011

Longer

I have been waiting for this milestone for a while now. Nicholas has been a member of our family longer than he was not! He has now spent over half of his life with us! It was hard to pick which date to go with - June 18th is on the official court decree.  June 30th is when we had full time custody and July 4th is when he came home.  So, I kind went closer to the June 30th date.  Details aside - it is a huge milestone!

Recently, he and I had a conversation about his life in Russia. I let him know he could ask me questions whenever he wants. Right now his questions aren’t very deep and easy to answer. But, I know that someday, that won’t be the case.

His adoption story still chokes me up even now. As Nicholas and I were retelling the story together, I kept myself from crying, especially when he we talked about how many people prayed for him to come home.

Nicholas has definitely been a blessing to our family. While we missed many milestones in his life, we’ve experienced so many other great moments with him. I am proud of the little boy he is and can’t wait to see the young man he becomes.

 

Nicholas at 13 months old - the 1st day we met!
 
 

19 months old - our 2nd trip
 
 

27 months old - third and final trip
 
 

3 years old
 
 

4 years old
 
 

4 1/2 years old

2 comments:

Kristy K said...

Seeing his baby picture again just choked me up! What a blessing he is! I'm so happy to know him and you guys!

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful milestone! he's grown so much!
~Nicole