Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Let Them Eat Cake

So, I think we’ve recovered from our sugar-filled weekend. On Saturday, we celebrated our niece’s 1st birthday. We started out the day very early, which was a huge mistake. Nicholas and I dropped Evan off at work, so we could pick him up for the party that afternoon since it was close by. Waking up Nicholas at 6 AM was not a good idea at all! We won’t be doing that again!

He was chipper enough for violin lessons later that morning. He is still enjoying his lessons, but wants to play before he’s learned all the steps. He still plays better than me though.

A couple of hours later (I was so tired I even had a nap that morning), we headed to get Evan and then to the party. We had a good time, but Nicholas was so overtired that he was overly sensitive and overly moody. It made things a little more tiring and stressful than both Evan and I would have liked.

He did enjoy watching Morgan open his card and present he picked out for her. She even hugged the panda bear, which made him so happy.


Morgan loved her cake.  She didn't want to stop eating it.




Hugging the panda bear that Nicholas picked out.


But, as soon as they were done opening presents, we were out of there. We didn’t want to have to deal with any more meltdowns. On the way home, Nicholas proved us right about being overtired. He rarely ever sleeps in the car. If he does, it is very brief and he always wakes up easily. Not so this time. He didn’t even wake up when we stopped the car and opened the doors.


Out cold!


After a long night’s sleep, he was better rested for the next day’s activities. We had church and we taught. Then we came home for a short rest time before heading to my parents’ to celebrate my dad’s birthday.

Nicholas got a hold of my camera



Another picture by Nicholas








Evan loves this kind of cake



And Nicholas loves ice cream!



We have some fun activities coming up this week. Thankfully, none of them requires us to be off of our normal schedule. No recovery days should be needed. I hope.

No comments: