Now, relax. The documents are all in our possession. Some are not what we originally wanted, such as the mortgage letter, but everything has, once again, worked out. Thankfully, our local post office took extra good care of us. Our home study agency had mailed our documents, so Evan went up there yesterday afternoon to see if they had come in after the mailman left for his delivery. But, they weren’t there. So, they took down Evan’s name and number and said they would hold this particular document and call him when it came in. Lo and behold, at 8:00 this morning, we received a phone call from the post office. Evan has been to Columbus and back, and now I get the fun task of scanning all the documents and e-mailing them to Luba. Unfortunately, we have just a basic home scanner that goes at a turtle’s speed, but it will keep me busy.
I want to take the time to thank all the people that have let us and our families know that you will be praying for us during our third trip. It means so much to us. Your prayers are definitely needed because our worries and fears can often creep up and try to steal our joy in this situation. Every time I start to let myself get really excited, Satan plants another negative thought in my mind. But, then I think about how much we’ve already overcome. We’re almost over the largest hurdle in front of us. We can’t give up now!
I keep looking at the calendar and realizing that a week from now, our court case could be heard and decided. I don’t know if we’ll legally be Nicholas’s parents yet. It all depends on that 10-day waiting period, but it will be finalized by my birthday (Again, June 25th, for all those that want to jot it down on their calendars). I have always loved my birthday. I don’t care how old I’m going to be. I don’t care about presents, except for this year. Nicholas is the best birthday present anyone could ever give me.
So, we have a lot of things to celebrate this month: our anniversary, Father’s Day, my birthday, and the adoption of Nicholas. I always thought June was the best month of the year.
I will try and get at least one more post in here before we leave. Then, barring any Internet problems, I will write again on Monday night (Tuesday morning for Evan and me).
Kristin
No comments:
Post a Comment