This morning as I lay in bed, trying to fall back to sleep, it occurred to me that besides Nicholas, I mention eating a lot in this blog and also on my Facebook. In order to save money, we try and eat whatever they serve us for breakfast, and then choose either lunch or dinner to eat at a restaurant. Sometimes we just eat peanut butter sandwiches in our room for both meals. Besides watching our money, we also are trying to ease our way into Russian cuisine. So, when I get excited about spaghetti for breakfast, it is because it will probably be my biggest meal of the day, and it is easy on the stomach. I am hoping to go to their local Baskin Robbins sometime before we leave. They do have some flavors that we have back home, and some more local tastes.
Anyway, after breakfast today, we had our only visit with Nicholas. He was a little grumpy today, but we think it was partially due to the fact that he seems to have a cold. But, we are working on teaching him that he can’t always do whatever he wants. We even let him lay on the floor saying, “Uh Uh” over and over while Evan, Anya, and I continued to play with one of the toys he usually likes. After a little time, he snapped out of it and went back to playing.
After our visit, we dropped our backpack off in our room and walked to the store by ourselves. We had gone once last fall, so it wasn’t as intimidating as last time. The only problem was the fact that Evan and I were like two kids in a candy store. We were throwing things in our basket we never would at home: 2 kinds of Pringles, candy bars, Nutella, etc. We did manage to get a couple of healthier things such as bread and bottled water, but that didn’t stop us from going back to our room and indulging on a few sweeter things. We also did a “load” of laundry in our bathtub. We have another one to do, but because of limited drying space, we have to wait until tomorrow.
After watching a movie on our laptop, I decided to take a quick nap so I could stay awake later at night. Well, I just woke up from a 3 hour nap and could go fall back asleep for the night if I don’t keep myself busy. I wish I could figure out Evan’s secret because he has no problems at all.
We’re getting closer and closer to Wednesday. I am really working hard to not let any worry take away from my excitement. We’re curious as to what this court hearing will look like this time. Will the judge start at the very beginning and look at every document, or will we pick up with the citizenship issue? I have to be careful not to dwell on every possible question we can be asked at court though. This is why I have to get on a normal sleeping schedule. I can’t be laying in bed thinking. Not a good idea.
Well, we’re going to probably have a small snack (We’re not too hungry after “lunch”) and watch television (Animal Planet is just as interesting in Russian) or a movie. Tomorrow is a 2-visit day and the morning one is without interpreter.
Kristin
No comments:
Post a Comment