Saturday, September 20, 2008

What A Week!

I want to start off by saying that we still do not have our official travel dates. However, we were able to order our visas yesterday and we will be getting our tickets later this morning. The only thing that seems concrete is that we are leaving Friday, the 26th. And, the fact that it is less than a week away is why I am up writing this at 3:30 in the morning and not sleeping.

I am trying to rest in the fact that everything will work out. It's just that everything is too close for MY comfort. We had to choose the fastest processing time for our visas, which is 3 business days. But, here's the problem: we entered our applications online after 4:00 yesterday and they will not have our passports until about noon today. They need both to count as the first business day. So, even though they will have everything today, they will not start processing our visas until Monday. So, that's Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday for processing and one day for delivery. We're looking at Thursday morning delivery! That just makes me nervous. I don't care how many times everyone says to "relax", I don't like doing things last minute!!!

It seems like I am not allowing myself to fully enjoy the fact that we are going to see Nicholas because I'm so worried about our visas. On Monday when I first found out about our pre-court hearing, I was ecstatic. As the week progressed without any additional information, my excitement turned to fear. I'm sure it will all work out, but it still makes me nervous.

This weekend will be pretty busy. We have to buy some last minute things, do lots of laundry, clean the house, and attend a family reunion. I'm hoping that we will stay busy enough that I don't have time to worry.

On a brighter note, we did receive an updated picture and information on Nicholas. He is now walking! We are sad that we missed his first steps, but we're glad that he is progressing well. He is also a good eater. I hope that means he likes to eat a variety of foods. Maybe he can teach Evan and I something about being adventurous. :) The interpreter also said he's looking forward to us coming back. I had to chuckle at that statement. I'm pretty sure she just threw that in there, but it made me smile.

Well, I am going to try to get a couple more hours of sleep before we start our day. Please keep us (and our visas) in your prayers.

Kristin

No comments: