Call it women's intuition. Call me a worry wart. But, I knew that we cut it too close with our visas. We need prayer!!! I have been tracking our visas all day since we were told they would be to us by tomorrow (Thursday) at 10:30 AM. Well, according to Fedex, they are not coming until FRIDAY! The company that handles our visas sent them to the Russian Consulate in San Francisco. They then took it to a Fedex Kinkos and missed the deadline for tomorrow's delivery by minutes.
Evan and I have both pleaded with various Fedex representatives to allow us to pay extra to guarantee that they will get here tomorrow. Unfortunately, they told us that only the shipper can make those changes. Apparently, money doesn't buy everything. The Russian Consulate is closed and will not re-open until 11 AM EST. The visa company does not open until 10 AM EST. And, finally, Children's Hope does not open until 9:30 EST. Needless to say, we are feeling very helpless right now.
I am the type that has to fix the problem. It's hard for me to rest. It is hard for me to just trust God. This is going to take a real test of faith for us. Right now we are scheduled to leave at 9:40 AM on Friday. We can push our flight back to 11:15 at the latest. We are thinking about asking our local Fedex facility to hold our package and we'll pick it up as soon as they open Friday morning and then head straight to the airport.
So, please keep us in your prayers. I haven't been feeling too well the last couple of days and the last thing I need is more stress. I'm going to try and let God handle this one, but it won't be easy for me. Please pray that it will all work out so we can make our flight to Russia on Friday. And, please pray that I will not stress, but have rest.
I will update you and soon as we find out how this is going to be resolved.
Kristin
No comments:
Post a Comment