It all started with an e-mail. I met a woman on the Internet from our agency's Tomsk Yahoo Group. She and her husband are in Tomsk this week meeting their son for the first time. She offered to check up on Nicholas and possibly get some pictures of him. She ended up doing so much more. First, Nicholas is doing really well. That brings Evan and me a lot of comfort. Second, she was told that we have a court date!!! I started to freak out when I read her e-mail. You dream of this moment, but then it happens and you are never feel fully prepared.
Then I sat and debated: Wait for Leslie to call or call her? I chose to e-mail her with the "rumor" I had heard. It turns out, it was no rumor!!! So, here's the facts: In Tomsk we have a Pre-Court hearing, then a day or so later we have the actually Court hearing. Our Pre-Court hearing is on Monday, September 29th. Yes, 2 weeks from today! The bad news is that we won't have the official travel dates until tomorrow. So, we can't order our tickets or visas until then.
I'm basically useless at work since I found out the news. I just keep thinking of all the things I need to get done. Please pray that all the details work out.
I will keep you updated as soon as I find out more.
Kristin
2 comments:
We are so excited for the both of you!! We will keep you in our prayers as you travel back and home from Russia with Nicholas. We can not wait to hear more and see Nicholas in person. Please have a safe trip.
Amanda,Jason, and Carter
Congratulations, Kristin and Evan! I am so excited for you!
Rebecca B.
Post a Comment