How do you pack for 3-4 weeks without overpacking or underpacking? That is the challenge that Evan and I faced this past weekend. We are each taking one checked bag and one carry-on. Our bags are stuffed to the gills though. How can one little boy's things take up so much room? Yes, we are packing a couple extra articles of clothing for ourselves this time and some food (peanut butter, jelly, Balance bars, crackers, raisins, and tuna). But, little Nicholas has 7-10 outfits, toys, diapering and feeding items and a snowsuit!!! FYI: They like the child to be in a snowsuit from October-April there. But, we've managed to close and zipper both suitcases. This is the one area that we are pretty much ready to go.
Our visas look like they will arrive on time. We just got e-mail notifications yesterday that they processed our applications. They are still on track to come Thursday morning. Also, we have ordered our tickets. I can't believe we are leaving in three days. It still doesn't feel real. Tomorrow is my last day of work and I am taking a half day. So, today I will be making sure that all my work is done and that everyone knows what is going on.
I can't even explain my emotions right now. I'm excited, but hesitant to let my emotions really flow. The first four or five days of our trip are going to be the most nerve-wracking, scary, and uncertain. We are old pros at all our flights, but it is hard flying around 16 hours in less than 2 days. We have a medical exam when we first get to Tomsk. I heard that it is nothing to worry about, but that's my nature anyway. Then we have our pre-court and court hearings, which we have no idea what to expect. Some hearings have lasted 30 minutes and others have lasted hours. So, there is a little uncertainty. But, when all of that is over, we will really be able to bond with our son. And, that makes me smile.
Well, I'm almost off to my last FULL day of work. Now that makes me smile too! Stay tuned for the post about getting our visas. You'll definitely see some major excitement then.
Kristin
3 comments:
Yay Kristin!!! It's almost here!
Kristy
We are so happy for you!! Cannot wait to meet little Nicholas here in Ohio...Safe travels! Keep the blog updated while you're there.
We are so excited!! We can not wait to meet our new nephew. I hope everything goes smoothly and fast. Be safe and keep us posted.
Amanda and Jason
Post a Comment