Today we got a phone call from our agency. No, it was not "the call". As I stated previously, we have been trying to get our home study addendum finished. The social worker did make it to our house last Wednesday. So, we have just been waiting on them to finish the paperwork.
After today's phone call they will need to get the completed paperwork to us ASAP!!! Tomsk wants all of our documents by August 25th. In order to make it there on time, we will have to have our documents to St. Louis by FRIDAY!!!
First, we need to have the documents in our possession. Second, they need to be certified at the county level. Did I mention that our home study agency is near Dayton?!? For those of you who do not know Ohio geography, that is over 3 hours from our house. In order to make our deadline, one of us will need to drive there to go to the Clerk of Courts for certification. Third, they have to be apostilled in Columbus (at least that is on the way back home from Dayton). Finally, the documents will be overnighted to St. Louis.
So, we need everything to happen without delays. Our home study agency knows about our tight deadline and assured me that we would have our documents by Wednesday. I really hate doing things last minute so this is driving me crazy. Please keep us in your prayers this week.
A lot of people have been wondering how we are holding up during this long wait. Well, Evan is inwardly upset and frustrated. I, on the other hand, have been more visible with my emotions. If I can keep myself busy, the wait is more bearable. If I sit and think about how many months have gone by, I can get pretty upset. There is an end in sight. We are so close.
I keep saying each week that "next week we'll know something" and in a way I'm right. Each week we learn that we're a little closer with a couple road bumps along the way. Once we are reunited with Nicholas, the frustrations we faced will be a thing of the past. So, we continue to press on.
Kristin
No comments:
Post a Comment