Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Speculation (A Dangerous Post)

I love to speculate. I have been speculating for almost four months about when we will go back to Russia. It can be a great coping method for me because it allows me to dream about seeing my little boy soon. It can also be a great way to get my hopes dashed.

This week I am doing some major speculating. I am reading into everything that our agency says. My hopes are super high. I just fear that I will be devastated if I am wrong.

First, we have a very interesting judge assigned to our case. He/She is requiring documents that our agency has never had requested. None of these documents have to be prepared by us though. Our agency and home study agency have to provide more information. We do have to go back to the Secretary of State - AGAIN - once we get the documents.

Then, Leslie at our agency wants us to hand-carry them to Russia. On our first trip we had to hand-carry documents because we were so close to leaving that there was no sense in sending them to St. Louis first. So, I began to speculate. If we have to hand-carry documents, it must mean we are leaving soon. Also, Evan also told me that he asked Leslie if we should be getting our court date soon. She said that she thinks she will hear something this week.

I just feel like once we get the call, we'll be going pretty quick. I'd love to leave right after Labor Day, and it actually could happen!

I do want to speculate on one more thing before I close. I think we definitely will need prayer about this one. Please pray for our judge. Based on the extra documents that he/she is requiring, this judge seems tough. Pray that our judge will be kind and compassionate and pro-adoption. We were hoping this judge would waive the 10 days, but I'm a little skeptical about that now. Being in a Russian courtroom will be intimidating enough without having a hard judge to boot, so please pray.

I will update as I find out more FACTS. But, for now, let's have fun speculating.

Kristin

No comments: