Well, enough speculation. Here's the reality: our home study addendum is finally complete after FOUR tries to get it right. They were simple mistakes, but I won't get into that right now . . . Leslie decided that we should send her the documents since we do not have a court date yet (so much for hand-carrying our documents). All we know is that they are scanning them and sending them to Russia so they can get a headstart on translating them. I don't know when we will get a court date. I want to hear something this week, but I have no idea if that will happen.
I have been listening to Focus on the Family on the radio the last couple of days. You can listen here. Steven Curtis Chapman has been on talking about how he and his family are handling the loss of his daughter who died in a driveway accident back in May. Listening to him talk about how they still have hope and joy amidst the grief and pain really helps me press on in our situation. The Chapmans experienced a horrible tragedy, yet they continue to walk in faith each day. It is because they serve the Great Comforter.
I know our time apart from Nicholas does not seem fair or even right. But, that is the system. He is coming home though. And, we know we will see him soon. However, we still grieve. We still shed tears. But, we know that God has entrusted us to parent a wonderful, little boy. We just need to continue to have faith and hope.
John 16:33 says, "I have told you these things, so that in me you have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
No one ever said this life would be easy. I am just thankful that Evan and I are not in this alone. Nicholas is not alone. And, that is what we have to lean on right now. Just like the Chapmans, we also serve the Great Comforter.
Kristin
No comments:
Post a Comment