We finished up our shapes with triangles last week. Daniel dot painted his triangles
without any tears or re-dos. I did print
out an extra one. He just ended up doing
them both. He did a great job and seemed
to have a plan for how he wanted to paint them.
He also worked on some tracing. He is getting better each time. This is just giving him practice so he will
be ready to write his letters.
On the last day, I printed out a paper with various
shapes. He knew all of them, but the
oval. We had not gone over that one, so
I didn't expect him to know it. He kept
naming them over and over in a sing-song voice.
He also wanted to color them each a different color. I love to watch the way he thinks.
| Singing his shapes |
Daniel is growing up so quickly. He and Nicholas get a haircut every 5-6
weeks. Daniel has been going since he
was about 9 months old (He has always had a lot of hair!). Well, all those times he had to sit on
someone’s lap. It is no big deal, but I
usually end up with a lot of his hair on me by the time he’s done. This past week he decided that he no longer
needed me. He sat all by himself! He listened to all of the hairdresser’s
instructions too. I am so happy for this
milestone.
We also enjoyed the nice weather at the end of last week. My sister came over and we took the boys to a
park in our neighborhood. On our walk
back, my mom happened to be in the area and picked us up and took us for ice
cream. Afterwards, the boys played
outside some more. I thought surely they
would be tired and fall right to sleep.
At the very least, they may sleep a little longer the next morning. Nope.
They stayed up later and woke up at their normal time. I tried.
| Conquering his fears |
| He did it! |
| He crawled to get to the big slide each time. |
| He made it! |
| Picking "flowers". |
Our Saturday was pretty busy though. I had my cousin’s baby shower, so Evan took
the day off. It was nice for me to get
away and have some time for myself. I
enjoyed the brunch a lot. I love
breakfast food – just not at breakfast.
So, this was a nice treat. While
I was gone at the shower, Evan took the boys to Nicholas’ basketball game. My dad met them there. I’m glad Evan got to see one of his
games and Nicholas was more than happy to show off his skills.
We all met back home and left shortly after to babysit for a
CC family. The wife is the director of
our campus and everyone gifted her a date night with free babysitting. Yes, we agreed to watch their four children
and our two for the evening. We ended up
taking two cars, so Daniel and I could leave a little early. Evan and Nicholas did not get home until
after 10:00! Needless to say, the three
hours outside on Friday, coupled with basketball and a long night out, made
Nicholas a very tired boy the next morning.
However, my darling Daniel doesn't require as much sleep and woke up
early and perky. I’m sure he’ll crash
and burn soon. The question is, “When?”
All in all it was a pretty good week. It is hard to believe that it is May, which
means it is a couple of weeks away from somebody’s birthday.
Daniel’s
materials were found from various websites, such as:
No comments:
Post a Comment