We are back with our letter of the week. This week Daniel learned about the letter
R. I kept it simple and just had him
decorate his R with a red crayon. He
decided to trace it instead.
I also had him color a rainbow. He definitely knows his colors very
well. He started out with crayons, but
soon asked for dot paint. He had a
good time once I brought them out.
He and I also glued together a raccoon. He called it a “Super Raccoon” because of its
“mask”. He insisted on doing most of
the gluing.
When he was done gluing, he used markers to color it.
When he was done gluing, he used markers to color it.
Later in the week, he glued again. His picture was cut up like a puzzle. He had to put it in the right order (with a
little help from me) and then glue it.
He did three of these puzzles.
Daniel also worked on some tracing this week. He had to trace the oil can to the
robot. Then, I was going to have him dot
paint a couple of robots. Let’s just say
he really got into his painting. He
actually dot painted both the robots and the tracing pages.
When Daniel was finished it looked like a little artist had
been at work. He definitely had a plan to
how he wanted to paint them.
Some other activities we did this week were:
We had a shortened CC day on Monday because of the
weather. We started 45 minutes
late. Nicholas was able to get some
school work done beforehand. Evan was
very helpful too. We went early, so he
could help our director shovel the walkways.
I somehow found myself staying up and watching Ohio State
beat Oregon in the National Championship game on Monday night. I figured it was better than being woken out
of a dead sleep by an excited husband (which happened with their previous
game).
The next morning (on very little sleep), Evan went to work
and took a test for work. Once a year,
they like their field employees to take a course. If you pass, you get a raise. Evan may have been exhausted, but he
passed! I’m so proud of him. But, now it is time for him to take a break
from those courses. They’re a lot of
work, especially when your time is limited.
On Wednesday, Daniel got new shoes. He picked them out himself. I think he must have been happy with his
decision because he seemed to do a lot more running and skipping around. I guess you would too if you needed to go up
a whole shoe size.
Daniel
decided to put stickers on our brand new kitchen table. We got the actual stickers off, but they left the adhesive behind.
I went on the internet to find some quick solutions. I went through about three or four before I
found the solution that worked – peanut butter!
I laughed when I read it, but it actually worked. It must have something to do with the oils in
it.
What’s ahead? My
grandma’s 90th birthday party. We have some longevity in our family. We’re
also getting our new kitchen floor. I
can’t tell you how much I am looking forward to that day. And, of course, the letter S.
Daniel’s materials were found from various websites, such
as:
No comments:
Post a Comment