Saturday, January 10, 2015

Back from a Break

I know I haven’t written since the holidays, but I just needed a break from the blog.  But, since school has started back up, we are more in a routine, and I am ready to write again.  While many kids in the area had Thursday and Friday off due to the cold temperatures, we had a full week of school. 

I had Daniel do a week of letter review and miscellaneous activities.  Next week he will start with a new letter.  I was a lot less strict about the television over break, so he struggled with not having his shows on. But, I think he knows the drill now.

Daniel and I played a little alphabet Bingo.  He seemed to like it, especially the money part.  He was a little disappointed when I wouldn't let him keep the pennies.





I let him play with some foam letters and numbers.  He, of course, wanted to stack them.




He still loves to read books.  Now he has a little e-reader type toy that reads some of the books to him.


Nicholas still reads to him too.



Daniel also colored a picture of Jake.


Plenty of room for Nicholas to do his math.




Finally, he did some more gluing.  He really did not want me to help him at all.






We recently bought a new kitchen table.  We were in desperate need of one that could really fit our entire family.  Meals are more enjoyable (no elbow to elbow).  There is plenty of room to do schoolwork.  And, the boys’ favorite part were all of the boxes.  Evan helped them make a fort, which was hours of fun.









Pretty soon we will get a new kitchen floor, which will be one of the largest projects we need to do before we put the house up for sale again.  Since this is the first thing people see when they walk in the house, we’re hoping it will make a better first impression than our current one.

So, now that we’re back in the swing of things, hopefully, I’ll take more picture and have more blog content.









Daniel’s materials were found from various websites, such as:


No comments: