We finished our super busy week, which meant that I Week was
very slim. Daniel did eat ice cream last
Sunday and yesterday, so that counts, right?
We did a few activities, but nothing too exciting.
Daniel decorated his I with insects. I always let him glue the pictures wherever he
feels like it. This week he was very
orderly.
| Why does he look too cool for school? |
| Because he is! |
He colored a picture of an ice cream cone. He told me that it was chocolate ice
cream. He’s a kid after my own heart.
We also glued different color ice cream scoops onto a
triangle ice cream cone. We talked about
different colors as we glued them on.
Finally, my cats have gone really crazy lately. Both of them have started to like
Nicholas. They will rub up against
him. They don’t mind being petted. It’s crazy. They’re not as comfortable around Daniel, but once in a while they feel
safe enough to sit by him. So, I is also
for Isabella.
| Comfy or crazy? |
| Everyone loves hands around their neck, right? |
In closing, here is a small re-cap of our busyness:
Monday we had CC. I’m
getting more comfortable being a tutor.
I am figuring out what works and what doesn't. The hardest part is getting active 6 and
7-year-olds to listen. But, the planning is less time consuming and it looks like the kids are having fun.
Tuesday we had our home school group at church. This week they started learning about the
Greeks. Nicholas enjoyed himself a
lot. His class even got to make an
Olympic crown. He liked it so much that
he wanted to wear it outside the house too.
On Wednesday we had Nicholas’ follow-up appointment with his
cardiologist. The appointment was only
20-25 minutes. Unfortunately, the wait
in the waiting room was an hour!!! The
news was not what we wanted to hear, but it wasn't terrible. Nicholas will have surgery sometime in the
next year or two (maybe three). We were
hoping he would be older before he had surgery, but it is what his heart needs. So, he’ll have another MRI and a stress test
next year before his cardiologist makes a decision. For now, no changes or restrictions.
Thursday I had a dentist appointment. I had a great appointment and the boys had a
great time with their Aunt Amy. She didn't
have school that day, so she took them out on her errands. They always have fun with their aunt.
Friday we went to the grocery store right when it
opened. The boys were awake and it was
the only time I could really go, so we got our shopping done in record
time. Both boys are usually very
well-behaved in the store, so I don’t have to worry about anything but
shopping.
Once we got home, we had a short time before we had to head
to my CC Tutor Meeting. I had to get together with
the other tutors and the director to discuss the next 6 weeks while the kids
played. This meeting was supposed to be
pretty quick. Unfortunately, there were
about 11 children playing together, so one of us moms was always dealing with
something, including a certain 2-year-old that threw a toy and hit a 6-year-old
in the head. ;) Hopefully, we can come up with a better strategy for everyone to get along for the next meeting.
On Saturday Nicholas had his swimming lesson. Daniel and I usually just play on the Kindle
during it. That way I can keep him
entertained, but also keep an eye on what Nicholas is doing at the same
time. Nicholas only has one lesson to go
in this session and thankfully, Evan will be off that day to see it.
After swimming and Daniel’s nap, we went to celebrate my dad’s
birthday. A few party guests weren't
feeling so great, so it ended up being dinner for three (my parents and me). We had a good time in spite of Amy and
Nicholas not feeling well. I did have a
very hungry boy when we got home though.
When Nicholas doesn't want to eat you know he’s not feeling well, so as
soon as he asked for food, I knew his tummy troubles were over. Daniel, on the other hand, felt fine. He had some fruit, ice cream, and cake. The boy doesn't eat that much during the day. I usually get 1-2 good meals out of him, but
never three.
So, that’s just a glimpse into our week. We have CC tomorrow, but then the week slows
down. We’re actually going to home school
at home! It’s an amazing concept. And, people think homeschoolers are
not socialized people that hole up in their houses all day. Our problem is that there can be too many
options. We actually have to say “no” to
some things.
So, I'm looking forward to a more relaxed week. Now, onto the letter J . . .
Daniel’s materials were found from various websites, such
as:
No comments:
Post a Comment