“Daniel be Jake” is something I've heard a lot from his
mouth in the last month or so. He loves a
show on Disney Jr. about a pirate named Jake.
In fact, he could watch this show all day, if I’d let him. He’s going to be Jake for Halloween. And, the majority of the Christmas presents
that I’m going to get him are Jake-related.
He also wants a “Jake cake” for his birthday (which is several months
away). So, when J week came around, I
knew there had to be at least a little Jake involved.
But, first, we decorated J with jelly beans. They weren't the real jelly beans because we
get enough sugar here. If I knew how orderly
he was going to be, I would have printed off more.
He ended up using a marker for the rest of the J. He matched the color of the marker to the
jelly bean.
Then, he decided to just color the rest.
Just to show you how his mind thinks, I caught him earlier
that morning doing one-to-one correspondence.
His cereal bowl had five shapes around the rim. He took one piece of cereal and put it on
each shape, counting as he went along.
He did get to use his beloved dot paint with a picture of
Jake.
And, this is what he looks like when he watches Jake on t.v.
We did a few other activities this week that helped with his
fine motor skills. He used a toddler
knife to cut his banana (which he didn't even eat).
He did some pre-writing tracing.
| Using one of our broken crayons |
Then, he practiced putting the sticker on the right place on
the picture. There is a big white space
and the sticker fills in the picture. He
liked this a lot, but I didn't want to go through the entire book in one day,
so he did three sheets.
Since we were home a lot this week, we did get a lot done
with Nicholas’ school work too. Nicholas
is learning about sea creatures this year.
We learned that a female sea turtle has to pull all of her weight on
her front legs to get to the shore to lay her eggs. The book wanted the student to try and move
himself along the ground with only his arms.
Well, Nicholas claimed that it wasn't too hard – that is until more
weight appeared on his back.
I decided to mix up Nicholas’ review for CC by turning it
into a game. We play a lot of games on
Mondays at CC, but rarely at home. This
ended up being a good time for everyone.
Nicholas got most of the answers right.
It ended up being a math lesson too since he wanted to add up his own
scores. We’ll probably end up doing this
again in the future.
The boys will be wearing their costumes a lot this
week. I know at least one boy that is
excited. We’ll see about Daniel. I already revealed that Daniel will be
Jake. I’ll wait to reveal Nicholas’
costume later.
Daniel’s materials were found from various websites, such
as:
No comments:
Post a Comment