Anyway, I spent two whole days last week trying to fix our computer. I actually had a blog post started. So, that's my main reason for not writing in awhile. I'll do my best to remember what I wanted to post.
Nicholas has had a busy June. He had his two weeks of swimming lessons and then one week of day camp at our church. He had a great week there. This year his cousin, Carter was old enough to go, so he invited him. There was rock wall climbing, dunk tanks, water games, skits, music, and of course, learning about God's word.
They missed all of the rain the entire week until the closing ceremony. The rain did let up enough to let the kids and their families try out the dunk tank and rock wall. There was also food, face painting and a couple of other indoor games. It was nice to get a glimpse of what he did all week.
| I made him pose at the closing ceremony. He looks thrilled. |
Since Nicholas is homeschooled, Daniel and I are never really home alone together. At the beginning of the week, he took some really long naps, which gave me more free time than I was used to having. We also did some introduction to potty training. It was nothing serious. He often tells us right after he goes, so I'm trying to see if he'll do it before. I think he'll get it sooner than later.
Daniel did miss Nicholas though. He did the sign for "crying" when I asked him. Then, when Nicholas came home, I often saw something like the picture below:
| Nicholas looks like this because I asked to take his picture. |
The boys have also spent a fair amount of time outside this summer. My parents have a nice little patio area set up with a water table, sand box, and small pool.
| Nicholas just sprayed Daniel with the sprinkler. |
My birthday was last week. Besides, my trip to Columbus with my mom and sister, I've celebrated two other times. It is pretty funny that we celebrated so much since this is one of the first years that I really did not care about my birthday.
![]() |
| Daniel is enjoying my birthday brownie! |
Then, yesterday we had a pool party at my cousin's house. She has a nice shaded patio area where those of us that weren't swimming could sit and eat. The boys had a great time in the pool. There were floats, a basket ball hoop and plenty of guys (very few women in the pool this time) to hang out with.
| Daniel and Poppy |
| My goofy guy drinking a root beer float. |
Today, Evan is golfing with one of the pastors at our church. Evan doesn't get a lot of free time without us since his schedule his so limiting. He won a gift card at work, so he was happy to find a friend to take golfing. The boys and I will find something to do, I'm sure.
Nicholas has a new camp starting tomorrow - cooking camp! If you remember, his Wednesday class during the school year was a cooking class. He loved it so much that we're trying out this 3-day camp. Daniel and I will drop him off in the morning and pick him up around lunch time. I doubt he'll be too hungry though - although you never know with him.
So, that's some of what we've done in the last couple of weeks. Hopefully, my computer will be revived (or at least all files safely transferred to this computer) soon. In the meantime, I'll be getting use to our newer computer.

No comments:
Post a Comment