Evan and I are celebrating our wedding anniversary yesterday. I can’t believe it has been 12 years. We've weathered the trials together and have
experienced a lot of joys. One of those
joys was celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary on a plane to bring
Nicholas home.
Evan had the requested the day off of work months ago. Initially, we didn't really have any plans
for the day, but knew that sometime during the weekend we would at least go out
to eat together. Then, we found out that
my cousin’s son’s birthday party would be on the 7th, so we decided
we’d celebrate it with family. We did
get married on my grandparents’ 50th wedding anniversary. They would have been celebrating 62 years.
But, first, I had a facial delivered by my wonderful esthetician
– my sister. She is in school right now
(top of her class!) and needs models occasionally. She scheduled me for yesterday morning. Amy did a great job. I found it to be a very relaxing hour. While I was being pampered, Evan and the boys
ran errands. Of course, they had to stop
for a donut too. J
David’s first birthday party was a fun time. My aunt’s house has a pool, so Evan and the
boys spent some time in the pool.
Daniel made sure to test out David’s presents too. He unzipped a bag of blocks and started
stacking them all on his own.
Then, we watched David eat his cake. He looked like he really enjoyed it.
Even though we were exhausted when we got home, we made a
quick trip to the church next door to our house. They were having a carnival all weekend, so
we just wanted to check it out. Nicholas
played a couple of games and then we headed to the tent of his favorite radio
station. They had a free bean bag toss
game. Both of our children got the bean
bag in the hole while Evan and I missed every time. The d.j. even jokingly said to Nicholas, “Show
your parents how it is done.” And, of
course, he got it in on the first try.
Today Evan and I are actually going out alone to celebrate. We’re not doing anything too exciting – just dinner. But, we’ll be alone. One of these anniversaries we hope to go
away. We just have to pick the year and
our destination.
No comments:
Post a Comment