Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Explosion

I don't think it has been any secret that I have been worried about Daniel's language skills.  At his 2-year check up he had about 40 words, although not all of them were understood by others.  In his defense, he is a super busy guy with exceptional fine and gross motor skills.  Second, he has a very chatty older brother who often speaks for him.

Well, something has happened in the last week or so and Daniel has much more to say.  He's repeating words (which he often refused to do before).  He's putting two words together more often.  He's making us laugh too.

On Monday he brought me his sandals.  I asked him where he was going.  His answer - "work".  He hears us say that about Evan all the time, so I guess he wanted to go there too.

The other night he called out, "Daddy, pee pee, poo poo" when he dirtied his diaper at bed time (Don't you love the Daddy part?).  I was worried that potty training would be hard because he couldn't tell us anything.  I think we're good now.

Just a few of the words he's added recently:

run
read book
milk (not just the sign)
hand (often asking us to hold his)
bag
bubble
oink
duck
hug
rock
Poppy (my dad was waiting for this one!)

He may not answer all of our questions when asked, but he's definitely calmed all of my fears.  If the amount of "singing" he does at bed time is any indication of how much talking he will do, we're in for another chatty boy!

No comments: