Being seven and having all of your baby teeth can be
hard. I had the same issue. All of your friends are losing their teeth,
but yours won’t budge. About 4 or 5 weeks ago I noticed that Nicholas had an adult tooth growing behind his baby
tooth instead of under it. I then asked him
if I could wiggle his tooth. Lo and
behold, it was a little loose. I told
him to wiggle it in his free time.
For a boy who was anxious to lose his first tooth, he was very
hesitant to play with it. Finally, today, he ate something that loosened it more. All of a sudden, he had one goal and that was
to get it out. He must have been
desperate because he let me wiggle it and even pull on it. It was his sole focus the entire evening.
He spent hours wiggling it with the occasional pull from
me. Then, I must have loosened a root
pretty well because he noticed more wiggling, so he wanted me to pull on it
more. Finally, around 7:00 PM, I yanked
one good yank and it was in my hand.
Nicholas was both excited and then mortified by the
bleeding. After giving him a cold, wet
paper towel and letting the blood flow slow down, he let the excitement fully take over. He told me I am the best mom-tooth-yanker. I took his compliment and then let Daniel
know that I would be more than happy to yank his first tooth out in 3-5 years.
Nicholas' adult tooth is already there. It is supposed to move forward on its own once the baby tooth is out of the way. We'll see if braces are in his future. I'm just happy for him to have finally reached this milestone.
| First tooth out - adult tooth already there! |
| If he wasn't holding the baby tooth, you may not even notice that anything was missing. |
1 comment:
Aw!! That's a huge deal! Both of my boys had big teeth growing in behind the baby teeth. Anthony just lost his first one a few weeks ago. :)
Post a Comment