My baby is getting old.
I was in the clothing aisle the other day and decided that we should no
longer look at body suits/onesies because we need to focus on potty
training. In fact, I ordered him some
underwear. I had to find some online because
he is too skinny for the ones sold in stores.
He easily goes to the bathroom when we sit him on the potty. He even sits long enough to make sure he gets
it all out. We just haven’t worked on
getting him to tell us he has to go.
That’s the next goal.
He speaks now! Daniel
has been trying so hard to say so many words.
When he gets a new word, he uses it constantly. He transitioned from da-da to Daddy
recently. Nicholas and I spent several
days telling Daniel over and over that “Daddy is at work” because he kept
saying “Daddy” over and over and over . . . .
He has also added the words:
water (said without the “w”), boom, D.D. (his nickname), Daniel, dark, and
cheese.
| He got himself stuck in the bin. |
| He can't figure out how to get that shirt off, or maybe he likes the off -the-shoulder look. |
Daniel is really enjoying his Christmas gifts now that the
illnesses are behind us. He often says
“whee” as his cars go down the track. He
has also built a lot with his new blocks.
Since we increased his block supply we haven’t seen as much book
stacking anymore. Occasionally, he’ll do
a small one just for old times’ sake.
| Waiting to visit with his birth family. |
| Borrowing Nicholas' glasses while he was still asleep |
Daniel’s appetite has increased. He is eating most of his food at each meal
now. He is also working on mastering the
spoon and the fork. If he has a utensil,
he’s more likely to eat what’s on his plate.
Also, he likes to pretend that he is a dinosaur and roars like one. If he is reluctant to eat something, I tell
him to eat like a dinosaur. It seems to
work a lot!
| Occasionally, he likes to put a spoon on his head. |
One thing about my boys is that they are excellent
cleaners. They are both great at picking
up their toys. I don’t even have to ask
Daniel. The people that work in the
nursery at church and at CC have both commented on it. Daniel is still good at making a mess though,
so the room can look like a tornado hit it at times.
I think Daniel is getting two more teeth. He has all of his normal teething symptoms. It has also reduced his nap time to 30-45
minutes. Daniel has 8 baby teeth left. I cannot wait until they’re all through. He can be a rough teether!
Daniel also has really started showing affection. He loves to blow kisses or make a
lip-smacking sound. He also hugs you
back. I still rank as his favorite
person, but I do enjoy the days when he’s a Daddy’s boy. Nicholas and Daniel continue to have their
special relationship. They’re the best
of friends who can also annoy each other like no other - very typical.
Even with his emerging toddler strong-will, Daniel is still as enjoyable as ever. We're having so much fun watching him grow and change!
No comments:
Post a Comment