There is no reason to be nervous about this court date. We are adoption court case pros, but this
one should have a happy overtone. We
also only have to travel one town over to finalize it. We have less than three weeks to go!
In the meantime, we’re keeping busy. I helped my sister this past weekend with a
craft show. We were very disappointed
with the amount of traffic, but she did well for the low turnout. The boys did really well too. Daniel was happy the entire day and Nicholas
was a great listener for my parents!
| Amy's trays and baked goods |
Nicholas and Evan have been busy doing more science
projects. Their compass didn't quite
work out this week, but we think Nicholas got the gist.
| Our little science student |
| Take #1 |
| Take #2 |
Nicholas also got to enjoy his first personal pan pizza from
the Book It program. He will earn one a
month as long as we meet our reading goals.
Speaking of reading, he is doing so well. He sounds out less and less words and knows
many more by sight. In his spelling
book, he just learned how to spell with the silent “e” at the end.
He had his art class today.
The time was changed a couple of weeks ago to a later time. This has made a big difference for me as I
wait for him in the café. There are a
lot more people there now. I've had a
different person to talk with each week.
Today I got to talk to an old high school friend about adoption the
entire time. As long as Daniel
cooperates each week, I should be able to have some adult conversation. :)
Daniel has his six-month check-up later this week. I’m excited to see how much he’s grown. He’s also getting more shots (yuck!). We have so many things planned for the
weekend, so I’m hoping they don’t affect him too much.
| The happy baby and me! |
That’s just a snippet of some of our latest activities. Our social worker comes again on Monday, so
hopefully she’ll be able to give us a rundown of what to expect for court.
No comments:
Post a Comment