He is still doing really well in school. He’s working through his various workbooks. I’ll attach some pictures in a minute.
I am also impressed with his character. While he does have some issues we are working on, such as disrespectful talking, he really is such a wonderful boy. We, and others, have noticed that he often comes to apologize after doing something disobedient. He is still an awesome helper. On Wednesday I watched him take all of our trash to the trash can at Panera Bread all by himself.
He’s very creative and turns his blocks into all sorts of different things. I love listening to him play. He has a great imagination!
His memory and sense of direction are both pretty great. He’s going to save me from getting lost one of these days.
He’s not a perfect kid, but he has a good heart and is becoming more teachable the older he gets. I can’t wait to see what God has in store for him.
We haven’t done anything super creative in the last two weeks, but we have been working hard on some areas that he hasn’t been able to say “that’s easy for me”.
Because I noticed that he was ready to give up when it started to get hard, I came up with something that he and I can say. Actually, it is something this struggling perfectionist needs to learn as well.
When things get hard
We don’t give up
We keep on trying
And do our best
I pray that he doesn’t strive to be perfect in all that he does, but to just work as hard as he can.
Here are some pictures from the last two weeks:
| Practicing his handwriting |
| A little art time with some glitter glue |
| Hamming it up again |
| It is more fun to line up the markers than to draw with them. |
| Our newest student - Barbara! |
| She doesn't say much, but she's a great help with phonics lessons. |
| Learning to stay in the lines. |
| Cutting practice |
| The finished products! |
No comments:
Post a Comment