Monday, January 11, 2010

Weekly Rewind

So, I had my typical letter pictures taken for the week. We colored the “R” with only the colors of the rainbow. He colored a Sesame Street picture with an “R” and a rabbit. I took him to the library so we could find some books to read. I had pictures of all these events. And then, I accidentally hit “delete all” on the camera. So, you get to enjoy the end of our week instead.

He did enjoy a reddish meal, including using a red light-up spoon. I had every intention of making everything red, but the week got away from me, so it is close enough.





We also made a robot out of rectangles. We made sure that Nicholas had his robot sweatshirt on in the picture as well.







Not too exciting of a week. I think the library was the highlight. They have a pretty good children’s section at our local library with a train table and a playroom. I picked out just a few books for him because I want to teach him to treat library books gently before we bring a big pile home. Another highlight is that he stayed dry at the library and even used the bathroom there. I’m finding that if he’s in underwear all day, he does better. For instance, we weren’t his teachers at church this week so I put a pull-up on him, which later got changed to a diaper since pull-ups like to break easily on the sides. Yesterday afternoon, once he was back in underwear, he had accident after accident. I think he was confused by the inconsistency. So, I’m going to consider whether I should just bring a change of clothes and let his Wednesday and Sunday teachers ask him if he has to go to the bathroom.

Nicholas continues to show us that he is growing up though. Yesterday we had a play date after church at McDonald’s Playland. I have found in my playland travels that there are different calibers, and today we were at the higher end. When Nicholas came home in July we couldn’t even get him to go into a playland. Each time he becomes more and more brave. Imagine our surprise yesterday when he was in the tube above our heads waving to us. He had just been climbing the same two steps a few minutes earlier and then, there he was. I think what I love best was his face when he returned to the table. He had a big grin and you could tell he was so proud of his accomplishment.

Well, we’re off to have a Super week. He is starting it off by watching "Super WHY!".

Kristin

No comments: