Monday, January 4, 2010

6 Months!

Nicholas has been home for six months! He celebrated by playing out in the snow again. I was thinking today about some of the new things he has been doing. First, he’s been wearing big boy underwear during all his waking hours at home. We even ventured out three or four times without a diaper and are happy to report that we have been accident-free for at least four or five days. He even asked to come in from playing outside to go to the bathroom (Which seemed to be more work for me than him. You’ve got to love all those layers). I won’t say he’s officially potty-trained yet, but he’s doing really well.

Yesterday I heard him in his room over nap time “reading”. I recognized the words he was saying and realized he was looking at the book, “Hop on Pop”. I’ve only read it to him a few times, but he seems to have soaked it in. I am hoping that we can have more reading time together during the day. Now, if I could only pull him away from all his new battery-operated toys.

He says his name correctly all the time now. In fact, he speaks in third person all day long. As far as the alphabet goes, he’s ahead of me. I used to introduce the letter each week, but now he tells me. He also knows all of his colors.

Nicholas continues to be an excellent helper. He offers to help wash the table after meals, dust, and even helps vacuum. He is also very kind and compassionate. He is quick to offer a kiss if he sees you have a boo-boo, or just because.

He’s grown about four inches in six months and will be turning three very soon.
I’ll leave you with two pictures. The first is from six months ago when he was “mowing” the lawn. His size 24 mo. shorts were so long on him and his hair was so shaggy. The second picture is one taken last week where he is actually looking at the camera. I can’t wait to see what the next six months bring.





Kristin

No comments: